The Need of School Management
- More Efficient Student Attendance – SAMS automates the student and staff attendance hence; reducing irregularities in the attendance process arising due to human error.
- Saving Time – Important administrative and educational resources could be freed up by utilizing SAMS
- Environment Friendly – Reduces paper and other resource requirements. SAMS with its extremely small carbon footprint is a greener option.
- Better Parent/Guardian information system – Parents/Guardians are better informed about their wards whereabouts with automatic SMS, Bulk SMS and Email facilities in SAMS.
- Improved Parent/Guardian – School Relationship – SAMS brings the two principal stakeholders in a student’s education closer, considerably improving the Parent/Guardian - School rapport, leading to an atmosphere of comfort and trust.
The SystemSchool Attendance Management System (SAMS)
SAMS is built on cutting edge modern technology and designed to help schools and Parents/Guardians to deal with problems of truancy/absenteeism.The system consists of the following technology elements as shown in the figure.
- Biometric Attendance Devices
- Biometric Mobile Devices
- Radio Frequency ID (RFID) Tags
- SAMS Server
- SAMS Client Interface
- SAMS Software
- Bulk SMS facility
- Automatic Email Alerts
In a typical SAMS setup there is a biometric device installed outside each class room. These devices are connected with the SAMS server housed in the school. Each day the students will register their attendance with the biometric device. The SAMS server will download the attendance data at a pre-set time. It will process the attendance and send a set SMS message to the parents/guardians of the absentee student via SAMS SMS gateway server. The message template can be set by the school authorities to their liking. The system also allows school authorities to send SMS alerts to parents/guardians regarding special events and emergencies.
SAMS also has a module which can monitor the students who use the school bus, this data can be transferred to the schools SAMS server via WIFI or GPRS. SAMS includes an optional MEAL monitoring solution. This module helps the school to monitor the number of students who are using the on-campus meal facilities. The module helps the school to better manage the meal program for the students. SAMS is built on robust client-server architecture and supports multiple simultaneous clients which enable admin staff to perform their function with utmost ease. SAMS has fully integrated Time Manager Software which provides various employee attendance and HR related functionalities. SAMS Time Manager module can also be integrated with leading payroll processing software.Features
- Accurate Student Attendance
- Automatic Attendance Collection
- Daily Absentee Report
- Automatic SMS alert to Parent/Guardian of absentee student
- Daily attendance Register
- Monthly attendance Register
- Yearly attendance Report
- Bulk SMS facility for special events and announcements
- RFID options for young kids
- Mobile attendance data collection and reporting
- Meal Monitoring
- Robust employee attendance system
- Better student attendance management
- Less administration work
- Better accounting of students whereabouts during school hours
- More parental involvement in ascertaining student presence in schools
- Improves students attendance ratio
- Better staff attendance management